With Adventure Theatre-MTC
and ArtsCentric Beginning
Sunday, April 25th
Back 4 More.
SIGN UP INFORMATION
Playwrights interested should fill out this form.
DMV Q-FEST 4.0
Adventure Theatre MTC, ArtsCentric, and 4615 Theatre Company invite playwrights and theatre makers to DMV QFEST 4.0. We can’t think of a better way to celebrate the anniversary of this festival, than with the artists who inspire us and each other to keep creating.
4615 is particularly looking for writers interested in the bridge between old and new stories, and in breaking down conventions around storytelling form. As a company with a focus on emerging artists (of any age) we strongly encourage writers who have yet to have a full production with a major company to submit.
THEME: In this festival of work, the theme is “Into the Unknown”. Your unique vision, aesthetic, and experience should serve as the foundation. While this does not require anyone to share personal experiences, we do ask that all playwrights create narratives that represent their voice and no one else’s story. Speak from your truth.
NEXT STEPS: If you are interested in participating as a playwright, here is what you need to know...
1. To sign up for the festival, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via this sign-up form by Tuesday April 13th at 11:59pm EST. because the Qfest team wanted to ensure that each company allocates enough resources to support the writers participating, we have placed a first come first serve limit of 40 writers for this round of Qfest.
2. On Wednesday April 14th you will receive an email from us with 5 items to incorporate in your script for the festival.
3. Scripts (no more than 10 pages/10 minutes) must be sent as a pdf to this email address (email@example.com) no later than Saturday April 17th at 11:59pm EST.
4. Zoom Rehearsals will take place the week of April 18th (exact times TBD)
5. Live Zoom Performances: Sunday April 25th (exact EST times TBD)